Tuesday, November 15, 2011

SURVEY: Essential Film Scores to Check Out (PART ONE)

Who doesn't love the brilliant works of John Williams and Hans Zimmer?
 I asked several of my friends to share their favorite film composers and pieces.
The following list is a combination of popular opinion, their contributions, and my own!

DISCLAIMER: This is strictly a list of film scores. I do not necessarily endorse the films that accompany these pieces.

John Williams
Medley-Main Title (Star Wars)
Schindler's List
Raider's March
Theme from Jurassic Park
Duel of the Fates
Hedwig's Theme
Remembering Petticoat Lane
Prologue (Hook)
ET Theme Song

Hans Zimmer
Time
Now We Are Free
Davy Jones
This Land
Pearl Harbor: War
Oogway Ascends
Roll Tide
Honor Him


Howard Shore
Fellowship of the Ring
Concerning Hobbits
Many Meetings

Danny Elfman
Alice's Theme
The Plan Begins
Main Titles (Charlie and the Chocolate factory)
Ice Dance

Joe Hisaishi
Collapse of Laputa
One Summer's Day
The Girl Who Fell From the Sky
Reprise (Spirited Away)
Stroll Through the Sky (空中散歩)

Klaus Badelt (w/Hans Zimmer)
He's A Pirate
Underwater March

Harry Gregson-Williams
The Battle Theme
Arrival at Aslan's How

Vangelis
Chariots of Fire
Twenty-eighth Parallel
Conquest of Paradise

James Newton Howard
Flow Like Water
Please Don't Die
Flying Jolly Roger

John Powell
Test Drive
Ancient China/Story of Shen (with Hans Zimmer)

Dario Marianelli
Dawn
Your Hands Are Cold

I will be sure to add another essential film score list in the future. Keep checking back!

2 comments:

  1. I have been enjoying this blog ever since it started!
    I'm glad to see the comments are enabled. I love John Williams, and I think you did a good thing putting him first on the list! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Adventurous fellow! Brilliant- I'm so glad you like good music, and are a supportive follower of my blog. John Williams will definitely come up again in the future. Who can get enough of his masterpieces? I plan to dedicate a whole review to him :)
      Blessings!

      Delete