Monday, November 14, 2011

KSO Youth Orchestra

Tonight was a fantastic night. I took my students to the Knoxville Symphony Youth Orchestra, and we had the pleasure of hearing 11 fabulous pieces from composers including Johann Strauss, Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, Saint-Saens, and Tchaikovsky.
I have been aiming to incorporate more music appreciation in my studio. What better way to inspire young people then letting them watch other young people perform?

An absolutely beautiful piece that I haven't heard until tonight is Romeo and Juliet Fantasy-Overture by Tchaikovsky. Here is the link below:



Lucas Richman has done an amazing job directing the Knoxville symphony youth orchestra, and I would recommend every local music-lover attend the concerts (which just so happen to be free!)
If you have kids or know any kids, bring them along. What better way to encourage appreciation of classical music?
Until later~
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment