Sunday, November 27, 2011

Essential Film Scores to Check Out (PART TWO)

I am back with more fantastic movie scores. Several of these are from rather obscure composers and films, but extremely deserving of exposure and a listen. Many of the following scores have received the Academy Award for Best Original Score. Enjoy!

DISCLAIMER and WARNING: I must be emphatic that I do not necessarily endorse these films. I have included selections from films I do not recommend.

James Horner
Rose
Hymn to the Sea
For the Love of a Princess
A Beautiful Mind (Theme)
Becoming One of The People

Trevor Jones
Promentory
The Kiss

Clint Mansell
Requiem for a Tower/Lux Aeterna

James Newton Howard
I'm not a Hero(w/Hans Zimmer)
Eptesicus(w/Hans Zimmer)
The Launch
Please Don't Die

Harry Gregson-Williams
Crusaders
Ibelin
Evacuating London

Steve Jablonsky
Arrival To Earth
My Name is Lincoln
Trailblazing

Alexandre Desplat
The King's Speech
Wong Chia Chi's Theme
Courtyard Apocalypse
Snape's Demise

John Williams
Becoming a Geisha
Sayuri's Theme
Hatikvah (The Hope)
A Prayer for Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment